View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 11:41 PM

Default Re: Rio running a River of Dream\'s package 2 win a 10k seat 2 the WSOP

[ QUOTE ]
I was lookin at these monthly charts and came up with $140 avg hence the savings of $30

https://www.harrahs.com/Availability...;numChildren=0

and taylor.. 1 in 200 is assuming everyone's skill level is exactly the same, no?

Call me befuddled..

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually if you take full advantage of the package and stay 4 nights (1st & 2nd for $250 total, 3rd & 4th for $60 each), it averages out to $92.5 per night (plus tax, etc.) This is less than is being offered to WSOP entrants ($109 for weeknights).

If you factor into that a $50 tournament buy-in (200x$50=$10,000 with no juice) that drops the average daily rate to $80 a night. This value assumes that the 'River of Dreams' tournament is not too much of a turbo-luckfest. Even if it is, at worst you're getting a 1 in 200 lottery ticket.

Adding to that the cash payout and the potential for chop-age at the end, it looks pretty sweet to me. Basically it 'prices me in' to head back down to LV for more WSOP side game action while staying at the Rio (major convenience factor)!

Any 2+2ers there be sure and give me a 'sup bro'. I'll be the donk in the Hawaiian shirt with the bar code tattoo on his wrist.