View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 10:51 AM

Default $25nl Can I semibluff the turn after checking the flop here?

I am trying to make the move from full ring to short handed. I am not use to being called down so much though. How bad did I do on this one?

Button is 38/11.5/1.5 over 25 hands

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: $14.45
UTG: $2.25
Hero (CO): $53.80
BTN: $20.80
SB: $5.45

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2.25 and is All-In</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5</font>, BTN calls $5, 2 folds

Flop: ($12.60) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($12.60) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6</font>, BTN calls $6

River: ($24.60) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
Hero checks, BTN checks

Preflop I raise to isolate the all-in player, but the button calls.

Flop I completely miss and I am out of position so I check, I really don't know what he has here and I don't want him to blow me off this hand. Luckily he checks behind as well.

Turn gives me a gutshot + flush draw + 2 overs. I semi-bluff here but he calls again. Can I really expect him to fold here after I check the flop? Should I have bet more?

River I wiff and give up, I figure if he has a hand like an overpair I am not getting him to fold now anyway.