View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 05:22 PM

Default 2007-2008 College Hockey Thread

Okay, this turned out rather well last year, so I thought I'd start it again.

As a Michigan fan (who happens to live across the street from Yost, hockey tailgating will be going on this year), this should be a very interesting year. Not the best of teams, certainly, but very young AND, more importantly, a good chance that the defense may well be disciplined. I loved Jack and thought well of Hunwick, but both spent way too much time playing offense, very sloppy on D, as well as many of our other players. The early returns have suggested that our D is more likely to be solid this year. Nothing much to do about goaltending until the frosh (Hogan) recovers from mono, but hopefully Sauer can refrain from being horrible this year.

Very nice start for Michigan, splitting at the Icebreaker tourney. 4-3 win against BC, 4-3 loss against Minn. Much better than I expected. Hagelin looks like he'll be the next bigtime Michigan forward. I'm skeptical that Kevin Porter was much more than a creation of TJ Hensick's playmaking ability. Two road games at Northern this weekend, should be interesting.

Thoughts on your favorite teams?