View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 10:31 PM

Default Re: Official Airline Horror Stories Thread

I flew US Airways from Atlanta to Portland on work, stopped over in Phoenix. Both flights delayed half an hour.

On the way back, there's a 30 minute boarding delay. Once we get on, an attendant takes my carry on from me as the plane is out of room in the overhead compartments. I saw the flight attendant walk by carrying my bag with a napkin wrapped around the handle that said "ATL" written in pen. Great luggage tag.

Luckily I had an aisle seat, because we waited about another hour before taking off. By this point I know I'm missing my connection, so there's no chance I'll be able to avoid the red eye or staying the night on the west coast.

Half an hour into the flight a kid gets up from his chair, bends over, and vomits in the aisle right next to me. Right onto the floor. The attendants waited half an hour to clean it up. It smelled horrible.

Arriving in Phoenix, the connecting passengers all stood outside in a group and listened to how badly each person was getting pwned. Eventually they told me I would have to stay the ngiht in Phoenix. I refused, and they found out I could get a flight to Vegas and take the red eye from there. I went ahead and filled out a lost luggage report there because I knew there was no way my bag would make it thorugh all this.

The flight from Phoenix to Vegas was delayed. Of course the flight from Vegas to Atlanta was delayed too, so it didn't really matter. I played slots a little in the airport as I waited.

I got back to Atlanta at whatever time in the morning, 6am or something, and of course my bag wasn't there. After arguing with the people and filling out yet another lost luggage report I took the bus back to my office. Got there around 7:30.

I was going to get some breakfast at McDonald's before work and when I was pulling out of the parking lot someone rear ended me.

They never called me about the bag, despite my calling them several times asking about it. I eventually just walked into the lost luggage room at the airport and took my bag without having to say a word to anyone.

No more US Airways for me.