View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Official Airline Horror Stories Thread

I will never fly United again. After the WSOP ME 06, my wife and I booked a one way ticket out the day after I busted (QQ vs AA all in pre end of Day 2). We live in FL and the only thing available was red eye which we didn't mind but we had to go through LAX to get there. So we leave Vegas at 10:30 p.m. arrive in LAX around 11:30, and sit there on the runway for nearly 45 minutes. Meanwhile, our connecting flight is due to leave at 12:10 am in a different terminal. We run our asses off to the terminal (along with 3 or 4 other connecting passengers and arrive at the gate at 12:08 am just to see the sign say "departed". My wife who had only flown once prior (to vegas) asked what departed meant and I told her the plane was gone. So now it's 12:30 am, we have no clothes, no plane, no one working the counter, etc... We walk downstairs and see over 400 people in line at 1 am from an apparent cancelled flight from LAX to Chicago. After waiting 3 hours in line, they stated the next available flight wouldn't be until the afternoon the following day, however they would provide us with hotel for inconvienence. That would have been great and all, but the hotel was currently undergoing repairs and had no running water. So, it's 4 am, we have no clothes, food, transportation, water, flights, nothing....We return to the airport and I book a return flight through American and write United a certified nasty letter of my complete dissatisfaction with their customer service. They sent me (3) 100.00 gift certificates that were already expired.