View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 01:34 PM

Default Re: What do you want to do when you grow up?

[ QUOTE ]
1) What did you want to do when you grew up?

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer to this would probably depend on how young I was when you asked, but architect was probably the dream that lasted the longest.

[ QUOTE ]
2) Did you actively decide upon a career?

[/ QUOTE ]

The current goal is to make a bunch of money in the finance industry and then semi-retire to teach at the high school or college level. Not solely because I'm greedy and want to be rich (which I am and do), but because all of the really great teachers I had growing up had real-life experience outside education and had accomplished something with their lives, however trivial it might have been. I think finance presents a lot of interesting intellectual problems, and like it or not, money is the way that industry keeps score.

[ QUOTE ]
3) If so, is that the career you now have?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just graduated from college and have a job at a hedge fund, so I guess I'm on the right track.

[ QUOTE ]
4) Do you have some "dream job" that you'd love to pursue but have not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Being a golf course designer would be pretty sweet, but if it really ranked high enough for me to consider it a "dream job", I like to think I'd be doing something to make it happen.

[ QUOTE ]
5) How old is too old to start a career from scratch?

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea.

[ QUOTE ]
6) Why won't Jessica Alba return my calls?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have your people call her people and figure it out. You don't have people? No wonder she won't return your calls.