View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 09:50 PM

Default Re: 58% of French People are dumber than Ms. Teen SC

[ QUOTE ]
You mean you couldnt go point by point, right?

Just respond by saying "yeah, its obviously here as a joke and shouldnt try to be representative of France as a whole".

Also, wasnt the woman with the elephant/moon question proven to be a photoshop somewhere, as kinda proven by the fact its a picture and not a video.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
A, At least they can articulate a sentence, i mean the guy was wrong, but at least he didnt utter complete gibberish for 20 seconds

[/ QUOTE ]

so at least the french are efficient in their idiocy?

[ QUOTE ]
B, Most of the audience probably picked the wrong answer on purpose, i know i would have

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm no. this is what my little brother says. unfortunately, the audience is housewives. which leads us to

[ QUOTE ]
C, Whilst you could argue 58% of the audience of WWTBAM got it wrong, they are clearly not a representative sample and probably represents the bottom 5% of the countries intelligence

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd actually say that people that can take the time from their day to go to a taping like this, most people dressed nicely, and interested in this show, have at least a general education, and I'd wager are smarter than average. Granted, there are probably no scholars in the audience, but its not exactly homeless retards.

[ QUOTE ]
D, All of mankind thought that for most of its history

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. yeah but nobody in the audience was alive when this was the belief.

[ QUOTE ]
E, That question is harder than picking your country out on a map of the world

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. maps are not intuitive. also, it was only 20%. 58% of the people [censored] this up. also, who knows where they got this 20% figure. obviously not being able to pick out the US is sad, but an unmarked map can be confusing. for a more difficult challenge, try one of those state placement on a blank map games. you think you know where states are, but when its blank, its tough.

[ QUOTE ]
F, If i look through all American TV gameshows im sure i could find dumber examples

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you could. On WWTBAM though, I've seen Americans get things wrong, but not one this easy.