View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Official World Cup 2010 Qualifying Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty happy with Scotland's draw. Holland haven't been anything special, and hopefully they won't improve much in the next year or so. There were much stronger teams than Norway in pot 3 that I'm glad we've avoided (especially Serbia), and I'm fairly confident of taking 12 points from our fixtures with Iceland and Macedonia.

A couple of years from now I hope I'm not looking back at this post wondering how I could be so over-confident.

[/ QUOTE ]
As a Norwegian, we are pretty happy with facing Scotland, as well [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] We're not happy with being in the third seeding group, though, as we were just moved down from the second group. We just missed the Euros cut, mainly because of huge goalkeeping errors in the two games against Turkey.

I think group 9 is fairly open. Holland isn't very strong these days, we'll see in the Euros. Unless they improve, Holland/Scotland/Norway could all take the group.

I'm also worried about how they rank group runner ups. I read that they supposedly rank them by average points/game. However, that isn't really fair either as our group runner up would get two games less against the easiest opponents.