View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 02:22 AM

Default Re: **********November Low Content**************

Guys, I started playing an incredibly soft 1/2 Pot Limit 8 or better game locally, and wanted to ask for a few tips on how to adjust to loose/bad play. It was a full table of 9, and on average 6 or 7 people saw a flop. Btw, alot of guys are really DEEP including me, which I think changed the complexion of the game. I had $750 in front and there were at least 4 other $500+ stacks. So I had two hands I'd like feedback on:

A4XX in a straddled pot to a flop of 25XX, someone bets $15 and there are about 2 or 3 callers to me. Do you call here? My assumption was to not draw to the non-nut low with no redraws, and I mucked the hand. But with so many in the hand and so few properly evaluating their hands, should I stick around and see how the turn develops?

Another hand:
J7XX in the BB, limped pot with 7 callers. Flop is J high, it's checked around. The turn is a 7, the board is now semi coordinated with one straight possible and a bunch of straight draws opening up. I checked with the intention of C/Ring a better if he is reasonably shallow. Unfortunately I got a bet and 2 callers in front, and called, then folding when the river brought several straights.

Any thoughts?