View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 07:36 PM

Default Re: ***yankees official offseason thread*****

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I was cashman and I spent years putting up with George's interference, and then finally got increased control after threatening to leave, and built up a great crop of young players, and then saw the very best one traded by some [censored] a couple months after he takes over... I would probably be [censored] pissed off.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was Cashman, I'd be ecstatic. Through my rebuilding of the Yankees farm system, I'd have acquired the best pitcher in baseball at the age of 29. Not only that, but I'd still have numerous legitimate prospects that could be important parts of the future Yankees teams for years to come.

Sure, Hughes is a great PROSPECT, but Santana has proven for years that he is a dominating, frontline starter. If Hughes pans out, he is AT BEST what Santana already is. If the Yankees end up acquiring Santana, I don't see how anyone can deny that the Yankees are closer to winning a championship. Isn't that what it's all about if you are a Yankees fan?

[/ QUOTE ]

So you wanna package a MLB avg starter and a MLB average CFer for an opp to sign to a long contract the best pitcher in baseball? Keeping mind that both the players you are trading away are essentially playing for free (LOLZ at salaries) and have a non-zero % of becoming the best players in baseball at their respective positions at sometime in the future.

The blackhole at CF if Damon is gonna fill it probably outweighs the benefit of Johan replacing Hughes in the rotation. If Santana gets a long ass contract as well... great since we know how awesome those all go [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]