View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 11:14 PM

Default Re: I get out of line: hand 1

Surfdoc,

I like your 3bet here. It's very unlikely he has a 7 since he checked the flop last to act, and not too likely he'd slowplay a 3 with this many people in the pot. If he does have a 3, he might just call the turn to slowplay again or in fear of you having a 7.

I think the type of player who would raise this turn donk with ace high is the type who would have bet the flop when it was checked to him if he had ace high. So I think it is unlikely that he has ace high when he raises you. Even if he does have ace high, there is a chance he will lay it down or that you will improve on the river (you have a ton of outs against ace high especially when you include split outs). The fact that he didn't raise preflop also weights his hand range away from ace high a bit. I think he will have something like J9 enough of the time to make this play in a pot of this size.

It is incredibly unlikley imo that he has something like 66. There just aren't many players who would both check the flop last to act with 66 and raise the turn. Those actions are kind of inconsistent.