View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 10:58 PM

Default Re: The Religious Left - a factor in Nov?

[ QUOTE ]
an increasing large number of Republican Constituants who could be labeled the "Religious Right" are defecting from the Republican party.

I've seen no less then 3 articles this month talking about the "Religious Left" - it has it's issues - since they don't wave the threat of "losing your salvation" and since they aren't all Christians, they won't have a consensus behind one issue - except maybe not to vote Republican.

I guess they couldn't reconcile the "Love one another" teachings of Christ with the vehemant anti-christian rhetoric of the hardcore Fundamentalists.

works for me - [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

FYI, you could call me a member of the Religious Left - voted Religious Right until recently when I literally lost my faith - then when I refound it I figured I was more on the side of guys like Martin Luther King Jr. then GWB

so I could be considered one of the defectors who are gathering strength and using their voice -

waiting for the first hardcore fundie to email me a death threat in 5...4...3...2...

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to refer to my family as the religious left, other people just like to refer to them as "Jews".