View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/19 - 500K buyin pt 3 - Spoilers on al

I certainly was not looking forward to having my embarassing J9 hand shown on TV. What you didn't see is that we belittled Sammy more than was shown on the Aces versus Kings hand. The post mortem of that hand was another five minutes. I made a mental note that Sammy was steaming from being laughed at when he claimed he knew he had the best hand and was being nice to Jamie. I thought he was going to play the next hand to the river.

In another context I would have folded the J-9 on the flop when I got raised. The turn and the river were both bad cards. I just went with my first thought and was wrong. I didn't adjust even though Sammy's bet sizes all screamed, "I have the best hand."

People are saying that I should have known that Sammy was playing tighter after the flop this session, but remember, I didn't know that because I didn't get to see his hole cards like you guys have.

On the Ace seven hand, I wish I would have value bet the river, but I couldn't figure out what Sammy had. I was hoping he had 10-9 and might bluff. I assumed he would have raised me on the flop if he had a queen, especially because I was getting kind of short on chips. As for the raise preflop, I hadn't picked up any hands to this point and thought I needed to try to steal some time because we had several opponents who were trying to see cheap flops with any two cards.

Barry