View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Barry G Masterclass HORSE tourney

I agree with most of what Ice said; I guess mine is a half-hearted protest since I am registered for the tourney. It's tough, because I want to do this, and clearly Stars will be able to get 7 people who want to do it, even at this price, so they don't really have a reason to make it a fairer deal. But there's also not much reason for them to give less than par value and have the tourney last one hour instead of two. It's not much of a financial difference to them to make it equivalent with other redemption methods, and there's good reason to make the experience as good as possible for the kind of players who have enough fpps to burn 60k on this.

I also understand the argument that the "Barry Greenstein service" is worth something. Given the (effectively) extra vig I'm paying, I hope that Barry puts forth max effort to help us get the most out of it. If he does, it's worth the extra vig (to me), and I assume he will.

If I had to choose between a bump in the prize pool and longer levels, I would definitely choose longer levels. There's no reason these things are mutually exclusive, but in case Stars reads this thread and doesn't want to change the prize pool, bumping it to 10 or 12 minute levels would be a huge improvement. I can't imagine Barry would object to it lasting an hour longer.