View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 02:31 PM

Default All in turn call w/ AA

I was playing in a live 1/2nl game the other day when this hand came up. I had been at this table for about 1.5 - 2 hrs or so & there was a real laggy seated 2 to my right. He was playing 95% of the dealt hands & raising most of them. He played any 2 cards that is a decent BJ hand + any sooooted cards + any connectors. So his range is all over the place. And to top it off he was catching.

Laggy opens with a $10 raise. The guy seated between us called (he was playing pretty tight). I was in the cutoff & peeked down at AA. I make it $50 on top. Rest of the table folds. Both call. At this point I put the 3rd player on a middle pair 77-JJ & laggy I wasn't sure about as he never folded if he was raised PF.

Flop is 10 9 2 rainbow. Laggy bets $10. Stange bet I thought but he had been bluffing/semibluffing small amounts like this all night. Player in the middle smooth calls. My set radar went on full alert at his call. I pop it again to $100 to see who had a real hand. Laggy smooth calls & third player folds. I figured it would be the other way around.

Turn is K. Laggy pushes after a little "if you got me, you got me speech". By this time I figure him for a K w/big kicker, K 10, or set. I hesitate for a couple of minutes after the speech & reluctantly call.

River is another 2. And no help. He tables pocket 10's for a FH.

Could I have gotten away from it?? Anybody play it differently? Thoughts?