View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 06:58 PM

Default Re: $1/$2NL--weak/tighties now

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"The 1-2 NL at the Venetian is full of calling stations and drunks and action players. Many people seem willing
to put their stack in on a draw on the flop (like a 4 flush) against a flopped 2 pair or set."

I agree from what I saw in my NL game at the Venetian last night (late night). YMMV.

Best of luck,

Howard

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's the time of day? When you have to get up 5 days a week at 4:30 a.m., late night is tough. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I've just seen a trend toward really weak/tight play since the summer. Many will see the flop for a limp, but fold to any raises.

I can't remember the last time I saw anyone push and call.

(Adjustments only go so far. Adjust too much and you're playing unprofitable hands, too loose too, and donking off a lot of chips.)

CJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Run their a**es over. If you pound on them enough eventually they're going to tilt off their stacks out of anger. Just keep stealing small pots from them in position. Honestly weak tight games are almost as good as loose-crazy games and are going to have a lot less variance. This thread makes me want to go play right now.