View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Re: NL25: 77 OOP with runner Jacks & 3 flush on board.

[ QUOTE ]
Only 20 hands on villain, not enough to get a sense of his play but he's been in a lot of pots since he showed up. just trying some new things and changing up my play. thoughts?

EN

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 7 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $29
UTG: $24.40
Hero (UTG+1): $24.65
MP: $27
CO: $11.05
BTN: $5.60
SB: $11.80

Pre-Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG+1)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.50</font>, MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.75</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.85) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $1.85</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.50</font>, CO calls $2.65
<font color="blue">pop it here to see if i can take it down </font>

Turn: ($10.85) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks
<font color="blue">got called on flop so put on some brakes? </font>

River: ($10.85) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.50</font>
<font color="blue">misapplication of blocking bet? villain checked thru on the turn, weak? strong? does this blocking bet attempt suck? or just c/f here? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

*grrrunch*

Do you always minraise preflop? I'm not a huge fan of varying preflop bet sizes by hand. I'd rather vary it by previous limpers and possibly position (though I like 4BB+1BB/limper). CO's raise is trash, but this this is usually a very strong pair (KK+) trying to get other people in the pot (yuck!)

Flop: Unless you've got a read that villain likes to float, I'd rather just b/f the flop. If you had a read that he would stab at this with AK, then I like the c/r but betting out is cheaper. Once he calls the c/r I'm done unless the board changes drastically.

Turn: The low variance play IMO is to check here too...some might like a b/f line better but I'm a bit wary after he calls your c/r.

River: The second jack means your now beating 4-5, but I doubt 4-5 would minraise you preflop. I think his most likely holding is a high pair (and maybe AdKd that was trapping on turn lol) (it matches all the actions so far). The question is, what to do? Without reads, I'd c/f river. If you knew he could lay it down to a bet, then bet, but my guess is you'd have to bet big and even then, he may not fold. The blocking bet isn't folding out anything that beats you and I think the showdown value of the 7's is in the toilet.