View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Pro Poker Player on \"Are You Smarter then a 5th Grader?\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
link

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it he must focus on live cash or strictly online based on those results.

Oh and I missed the very last question. They don't show you the final question do they? You just have to risk it all without seeing it? If so, that's a prety stupid rule. They do the same tihng on that dumb Identity show. If you get to the last question with your last "help" you can't use it.

Millionaire FTW!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree that's a stupid rule. He was allowed to look at the final topic, which was US History, which he claimed was his favourite subject. But they didn't have a "grade" associated with the topic so I'm not sure how he's supposed to know how hard it was going to be.

So he'd need to risk $475K (with $25K guaranteed) to win an extra $500K on a question of unknown difficulty.

By the way, the question was something like "who was the first US Secretary of the Treasury?" and he knew it instantly. I'm not American so I dont know how hard that question is, but I had no idea.

I wonder if it's possible that they would have given him a harder question if he chose to answer it, and then an easier one if he refuses, just to make him feel bad. That would probably break some kind of gameshow rule but that would be a nice kick in the teeth.