View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 01:48 AM

Default Re: Female+sexy+skeptic = 1 in a million? // Men are better than wo

I remember reading somewhere that women on average scored slightly higher on IQ and other intelligence tests but there was a higher percentage of men on either extreme. As much as it isn't politically correct and as much as I wouldn't like it to be true, I have to think it is more or less accurate. I think women's rights have advanced enough in the past 50 years that huge difference in top-tier success rate can't be explained away merely as male prejudice and societal pressure. This is especially true in merit-based professions like chemistry, astrophysics, or composing. Male success in business, for example, is understandable since the percentage of the population that is extremely competitive is going to contain a higher proportion of men.

I realize this is far from scientific, but in my personal experience I've met lots of girls who were "smart," (i.e. they did well in school, could grasp most subjects that weren't too abstract) but the ones who were truly intelligent were few and far between. Very intelligent males are certainly not common, but I've found many more of them.

This may disappoint you, but very bright girls do not always make the best girlfriends. They, like most truly intelligent people, are often not well-adjusted and this can prevent them from having a healthy relationship.

I hope no one misconstrues what I've said as sexism; I'm merely stating the way things appear to be. I love and respect women and truly wish the world were filled with intelligent successful women. Also, I'd like to be one.