View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 01:03 PM

Default Re: top 2 150 deep against nittish player

[ QUOTE ]
i disagree with that nick. 2 things can happen when i cr the turn and my opponents ranges are very different. Either he calls (i'm probably ahead) or he raises (i'm probably behind - although that seems debatable from responses in this thread), but raising could still good to get value out of my big hand. (I suck at explaining stuff - i'll try to elaborate if you don't get me)

[/ QUOTE ]
Thing is a guy with a 7 af doesn't call a lot at all. I'm not sure exactly what it means, but his call vs bet/raise frequency is really low. I don't think it's correct to check/raise this kind of player for value and folding to a push often at all. If he's planning to stack off with QJ/AJ or whatever this is the kind of player doing it by getting all $$$ in by just pushing the turn, since it's not an overbet. So raising the turn and folding to a push is bad imo because 1) it's unlikely to get called down by worse and 2) we might fold the best hand.

I realise what you're saying and I don't think raising for value and folding to a push in this situation is bad per se, but vs this opponent I think it is. Sure, sample size is pretty small for judging af, but enough to raise doubts.

[ QUOTE ]
as with c/c i really think that loses value, alot of the times hes betting the turn and checking the river on this board imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
Now if we check and call the turn he'll still be betting a lot of hands, and on the river he'll probably v-bet about the same range as he'll call a bet with, plus he'll bluff some missed draws.

[ QUOTE ]
I quite like leading turn thinking about it, and calling a raise (i think someone suggested that earlier), it'll charge his draws (which could well check behind), and 2pr/good pr hands that might not call a cr. Disadvantage is that I could be faced with a tough river spot.

imo, it's either cr (and maybe fold to a raise, im thinking that's correct even though alot of people think stacking off here is fine), or b/c.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'd rather bet/call than c/r. This way he can't check for pot control with AK/AT or take a freecard with a fd. I actually think betting the turn probably is best.