View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 04:27 PM

Default Conservative High Yield Investments

I am interested to hear opinions on what the best high yield investments are out there. For those of you that don't know me I've been a pro gambler for a little over 5 years, which obviously involves quite a bit of risk. That being said, once the money arrives at the bank I become one of the most conservative people with money. I don't think it's really all that uncommon actually considering I have a wife and two young children, a big house, cars, etc and all of those things require the cash to be there every single month.

Up until this point I've invested a large chunk of my liquid net worth in Real Estate Trust Deeds that are fully secured and pay 12-13% annually. Our LTV's are usually less than 50% so I feel the risk is very minimal even in the worst real estate market. I also have some Fidelity mutual funds that seem to outperform the S&P every year in some IRA's that I've setup. Other than that the rest of the liquid cash is in a money market account getting about 5%.

A friend mentioned to me today that he's involved in some stocks that yield high dividends. PGH is one of the symbols he mentioned, which is a stock that seems like it never moves and has almost a 15% yield.

I guess what I'm asking for here is what else is out there that returns in excess of 10% a year that is safe? I really love the trust deeds because they are simple to get into and involve very little time to maintain, but I want to diversify a bit if possible. I don't mind the grind.. I've been doing it with poker every day for years.