View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 03:46 PM

Location: /goggles fill up with tears / oh crap hold on can\'t see anything
Default Re: MLBTV looks good this year.

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, that sucks. For some reason I was under the impression that this is the first year they were offering mosaic. I can live without it, but it would be nice to have.

[/ QUOTE ]

last year's mosaic had some poor video quality on the main screen, but the main problem was that you couldn't choose which six games you wanted to watch at once. all the day's games were divided between three pages, and you could only watch whatever games were on the same page.

this was bad enough, but they didn't even make an effort to synchronize the games. for example, they would put two afternoon games and three night games on each page instead of putting all the afternoon games on the same one, or mix the east-coast games in with the west-coast games. even on days where there were only 5 games, they wouldn't put them on the same page.

that said, i hope that the new directv deal will cause MLBAM to redouble their efforts for this year's video content. their list of upgrades for this year's MLB.tv is very ambitious, and i would be impressed (as well as surprised) if they pull it off. if they do, it will be an excellent product.