View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Re: ALCS - Indians vs Red Sox

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and i'm one of those cleveland fans that's actually still terrified. if beckett is beckett tomorrow, and boston wins, and then fausto isn't on, we're relying on westbrook to win a game 7 on the road...

that's all that's been going through my head all day, AND WE'RE UP 3-1!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly in no way is Cleveland home free in this series. If you look at Beckett's record he's basically had maybe one or two semi-bad outings this year. I mean the "bad" outings aren't even really bad. He hasn't really been shelled this year. Red Sox took it to Sabathia in game 1 too. Again Cleveland has to get to Red Sox starters early and vice versa IMO. Not likely to happen with Beckett on the hill. We'll see about Sabathia. I'm taking em one at a time and the Red Sox IMO are solid favorites in game 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure the Tribe is favored in Game 5 either but you can make a good argument. CC is not notably worse than Beckett (better in many areas in fact), Tribe is hitting very well, and they are at home.

All I know for sure is that as a lifelong Indians fan (I'm 37) the fact that we have a longserving, Cy Young caliber pitcher starting a clinching game at home to go to World Series is totally unbelievably awesome. For CC's sake and mine, I hope he is lights freaking out.

KJS