View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 07:16 AM

Default Re: HELP! (personal/low content)

[ QUOTE ]
Why is everyone supporting this guy?

If you went to trial for something you didn't do, and didn't have a jury because no one turned up, and wound up being tried by a judge, how would you feel?

I know that's not going to happen, but if everyone did what he did, thats where we would be.

On a more direct point, people at college, or with porffessional jobs etc, seem to find it a lot easier to get out of jury service than others, and if I was on trial, I'd much prefer that the jury be as intelligent and as well educated as possible, so they would be more likely to make the correct decision.

The jury system is one of the ways which citizens can place restraints on the state and its representatives, for you to be too lazy to respond is pretty bad in my opinion. If you get a record, its your own damn fault.

Also, I wouldnt recomend lying to the court as to never recieving the summons etc, if you get found out, they will [censored] you over.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has nothing to do with going vs. not going. I was legitimately out of state and there was no way I could go. So even if you accept our process and assume it's your duty to attend jury service or whatever, that isn't the issue, because it would have been impossible for me to do that whether I filed the appropriate paper work or not.

The problem is merely that I didn't follow the correct procedure in explaining to the court that I no longer live in MA and should be taken out of the juror pool. Even if I did this after the date of my summons I doubt there would have been any legal trouble (since it took three and a half years, and presumably subsequent summons that I truly never saw, for them to finally charge me with anything).

I actually wouldn't mind serving jury duty one bit. I think it would be interesting. My laziness was just in not formally explaining myself to the court and allowing them to think I was an eligible MA juror.

You seem like an angry person.