View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 11:35 AM

Default SHOOTING ELEPHANTS IN A BARREL

SHOOTING ELEPHANTS IN A BARREL
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucac/2007030...hantsinabarrel
*A brilliant article which contrasts the treatment DAs give democrats vs the treatment they give republicans.

My favorite example of DA Barry E. Krischer subjecting Rush Limbaugh to a three-year criminal investigation for allegedly buying prescription drugs illegally to treat chronic back pain. And yet in 2006, Democrat and major Clinton contributor Jeffrey Epstein was arrested in Palm Beach for hiring of local underage schoolgirls for sex.

The police gave Limbaugh prosecutor Krischer evidence which included videotaped statements of the following people: five of Epstein's alleged victims, the pimp of the girls (who compared herself to Heidi Fleisch), and 16 other witnesses. But the same prosecutor who spent three years investigating Limbaugh's alleged misuse of back-pain pills refused to bring statutory rape charges against a Clinton contributor. Krischer only charged Epstein with a single count of solicitation of prostitution. The police who had spent MONTHS investigating were fuming when Eptein walked after hours of negotiations with Krischer.

Chief Reiter was so surprised by Krischer’s handling of this case he stated Krischer's were actions "highly unusual” and that he should disqualify himself from the prosecution of the case (Palm Beach Post). Krischer decided to see the case through..... One could claim that Epstein got off because he is a billionaire that can afford the best attorneys but so can Rush Limbaugh). The amount of energy Krischer spent on Limbaugh versus Epstein is enough to make my point.... So which case is more imported to a community, a man solicitating underage girls for sex or a man who is addicted to pain pills? Hmmmmmmmm..... Close call....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...702045_pf.html
In a Robert Novak column he wrote:
Actually, in my first interview with Fitzgerald after he was named special prosecutor, he indicated that he knew Armitage was my leaker. I assumed that was the product of detective work by the FBI. In fact, Armitage had turned himself in to the Justice Department three months before Fitzgerald entered the case, without notifying the White House or releasing me from my requirement of confidentiality.

Fitzfong knew Armitage was the leaker 3 months before Fitzfong was assined the case. I suppose Bush43 was extremely confident that by approving an independent prosecutor that the Plame issue would be quickly dealt with. Instead Fitzfong spends a couple of years chasing tangents which yielded ZERO crimes.....except for an alledged perjury. Fitzfong is a liar. Why? He claims that the revealing of Plame's name was a crime and yet he does not prosecute Armitage (Wilson's buddy). Novak writes,

"In fact, her being classified -- that is, that her work was a government secret -- did not in itself meet the standard required for prosecution of the leaker (former deputy secretary of state Armitage) under the Intelligence Identities Protection Act of 1982. That statute limits prosecution to exposers of covert intelligence activities overseas, whose revelation would undermine U.S. intelligence. That is why Fitzgerald did not move against Armitage."

One poster on 2+2 claimed Armitage was given "immunity' but this never happen..... Technically, Armitage never committed a crime and he needed no immunity.