+1.4 - LimitGod
+1.1 - westhoff
+0.9 - stadler
0.1 - black knight
1.0 - dzh90
1.5 - Butcho22
1.5 - bigsoonerfan

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, that's a tough goal. I need to take 4.3 shots of my handicap. Everyone's needs a challenge! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Still trying to think what the odds of this might be? 50 to 1? 500 to 1? 5000 to 1?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on how much time and effort you have put into getting to 1.5.
And how much time/effort you will put into improving from here on...

If the answers are "alot, not much" then the odds are extremely long".

If the answers are "not much/ alot" then the odds are good.

I know from the age demographic thread that your age is same as mine.
I would guess of the top of my head that you would be looking at something along the lines of:
playing at least 72 holes per week.
practicing at least 20 hours per week.
spending most of this time working on short game.

My scoring made dramatic improvements twice:
The first was in college where I made a swing change that allowed me to know where my misses would be. I could then have a little course management.
The second was when I improved my iron play.
I would take my shag bag full of nice Titleists, put the bag at a certain (known) yardage, and then hit from a nice piece of turf.
I soon learned the difference between hitting a ball 120 vs. 115.
I learned how to best get a few extra yards out of a club, or take a few yards off. I learned how to take one more club and knock it down.
I learned what was the absolute max I could hit a club, and that trying to do that wasn't the best way to have a tight pattern around that shag bag.
I knew how far I hit each club, and through lots of hitting, then going and picking them up and observing where most balls finished, I tightened my pattern tremendously.
Lots more birdie putts. Lots more confidence.

I did the same thing with SW, but to a tighter extreme.
Hitting to one of those circular pvc pipe swing training things that used to be popular, I'd put my shag bag in the center of it.
I'd put 10 balls at 40yds, 50yds, and so on and work on landing them within the circle.
When I began this, I rarely landed one in the circle.
By the end of the summer, I could land 50% in the circle from different distances.
When I had a 50 yard pitch in a round, I could see the pvc pipe, and the Titleist shag bag sitting at the base of the pin. And I believed I could make it!

I only wish I'd had a significant improvement in putting somewhere along the way! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Sorry for the rambling. Hope it helps a little.