View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 12:25 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/19 - 500K buyin pt 3 - Spoilers on al

[ QUOTE ]

werent you the guy defending farha calling 25k preflop with K8s when hellmuth raised it?

[/ QUOTE ]

defend? not sure if that's the word. i really don't think farha needs defended by anyone. the thing is... if you're watching HSP looking for beginners tips on how to play NLHE then you're in trouble. if you're in a game and you think that your opponent is raising big with something between 77 and QQ and you want to call and see if you can crack them with a trash hand like K8 then go ahead. if you know going in that you're a 2.5:1 dog then who im i to call it a bad play. if all he had lost in the hand was the 25k that wouldn't have been so bad for a player like farha... he's lost far more than 25k in many hands we've watched on HSP. also, he chose the ideal player to make that call against.. wouldn't you say? you pick the k8 hand as a hand played badly... i pick it as a hand played well by farha. stop imposing your standards on others. simply acknowledge there is more than one way to play this game.

it served farha well in the hand he played with Jman. suddenly Jman gave sammy credit for having him beat when sammy simply made a near pot sized bet on the turn against his QQ. i do have to agree with you... JMan did play his flopped set of jacks well.. .or at least he didn't fold the best hand as we've seen him do.

i think you may have read this also in that thread. strict starting hand requirements are for beginners. if you're still holding on to them then so be it.