View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: it\'s all about fishin\' man

I think the OP might be in Oceanside, where, yeah, the NL games are evil tough compared to anywhere else. But I play everywhere in SoCal and Vegas, and it's only O'11 that's like that.

As to the comments about limit vs NL, I don't think they apply to the pseudo-NL games that LA spreads, the 5-10 $500 max buy-ins, which are kind of a nice compromise between NL and limit.

And as to the net kids being tough, I think it's a myth. A million billion hands of online poker still provides 0 hands of real poker experience. I play 5/5, 5/10, 10/10 and 10/20 NL all around, and there are very few good young players in these games, and the handful that are good ARE good because they're smart and have good instincts, which they'd have without ever playing online. People either approach the game as something to be studied, or as gambling fun. A thousand hands live, well-thought out (which you have time to do, live), is better experience that a gazillion hands of 10-table click-click-clicking where you don't get to see you opps and learn.

What online does do is create legions of deluded young boys who think they're good at basketball because they win at tennis.