View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Intentional miscalling of hand at showdown

Once while playing a 1/2nl drunkfest at O'Shea's in Vegas (tiny room, like 2 cash game tables right next to the entrance on the Strip) I played a hand against some douchebag who later threw a glass of water on Big_Jim. In this hand (quoted from that thread):

[ QUOTE ]
Like his 3rd hand at the table, I had 64o in the blinds and he limped. Flop 632r, I lead for $10, he calls, saying something like he has aces, I can't really understand because I'm drunk. Turn K, check check, river J, I check, he bets $25, I snapcall because his line is trash and he says "two pair." I say "ok, let's see it," and he flips 73o. I flip 64o which is good, and he seriously says "Six is good! I said two pair because I was hoping you would throw your cards away."

[/ QUOTE ]

Should the dealer/floor do something? The dealer at the table had no reaction to that guy's comment. I guess if I had thrown my hand away (thank god I didn't, even despite being drunk when he said two pair I was like "lol, no you don't") he would have gotten the pot?

Also, another interesting floor decision from that night:

[ QUOTE ]
Jim straddles UTG; I call blind in BB, Jim raises to $14 after looking at his cards because he's a stupid nit, I call blind. Flop 6 6 2. I check, Jim bets $20, I look down at Q 7 and call with the intention of checkraising the turn. Turn blank, check check; river is some [censored] brick, I check, Jim bets $35, I obv snapcall and Jim throws his cards face down in front of him. I'm not really sure if I had to table my hand to take down the pot, but I did anyway because I felt like I made a baller calldown and wanted the table to think I'm a retarded psycho, and Jim looks at my hand and is like "wtf" and grabs his cards (which he threw in front of him but had not yet been officially mucked by the dealer) and turns up KTo. I'm like "WTF U MUCKED UR CARDS" and Jim's like "LOL MY CARDS BEAT URS" and we agree to chop the pot without the dealer or anyone else getting involved (Serious question: who should have won the pot? Is that affected by whether or not I turn my hand over, since if I didn't Jim's cards would have just been mucked?). Apparently this caught the floor's eye, however, because she came over and said "wtf are you guys doing" even though it was a heads-up pot and we actually lost money considering that the rake wasn't covered by the small blind's $1 that we chopped. The floor lady told us that we weren't allowed to talk to each other during hands anymore and she seriously stood behind us, watching and listening like a hawk for the next 30 minutes. She repeated about 5 times that she had to protect the integrity of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that it was a HU pot, we did nothing wrong here, right? Sorry for the slight hijack but I'm already writing this post and I don't think it needs a new thread.