View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 11:30 AM

Default Re: Hand Reading Practice

Hero (BTN): $54.19
UTG: $110.76

Pre-Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2.25</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $2.25, 2 folds

Flop: ($5.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2

Turn: ($9.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $4.50</font>, Hero calls

River: ($18.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $14.00 </font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $28</font>, <font color="red">UTG pushes</font>, Hero snap calls.

This is the hand as it played out totally.

this was my thinking...

preflop - meh tight from EP raiser raises from EP he has a pp AJ+ - hang on that preflop raise is bigger than normal ...

flop - hmmm - I've not seen this guy bet a small amount as a CB yet and he CB's often - he wants me to raise. 3 and a bit to 1 direct odds - loadsa implied odds - smells like a set... I got a gs - OK lets see the turn.

turn - hmmmmm OK so he raises more than normal preflop - then makes a tiny flop CB probably trying to goad me into raising - he HAS got a set. AKs makes a normal CB - that turn bet is offering me 3:1 to draw - flushes are 3:1ish and there are a possible 2 flush draws out. Hey I gots a double gutter. I need 4:1... if all my outs are clean. They are if he has the set - I spose maybe he has a random club draw sometimes - maybe a weirldy played overpair - lets give myself 7 outs

(46-7)/7 = 5.5:1 - I think I'll make ~$9 on the river if I hit - thats going to be a half pot bet...

River - YAHTZEE. OK so if you got a club draw you aren't calling a raise - if you got an OP you'll def call a minraise - and if you got a set you'll call a push - and given your river AF you is pushing OTT of my raise with a set I think...