View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 07:04 PM

Default Re: assani ruining the SE forum

[ QUOTE ]

he is also trolling by flooding the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I registered less than a month after you and have more than 5000 less posts. Interesting.

[ QUOTE ]
if i wanted to type 3000 words worth of gibberish every time someone called me a bad mod, i might get people to shut up because they didn't feel like reading it all. but it wouldn't make me a good mod.

[/ QUOTE ]
agreed. You have to actually read the points and forum your opinions from that. A lot of words doesn't make someone right.

[ QUOTE ]
if assani is such a great poster and has such great arguments, there is no reason why he can't respond in a few sentences

[/ QUOTE ]
This line of thought is just as silly as the line of thought that your critisized above. Length of post has no bearing on whether one is right or wrong. This is just a foolish comment on your part.

[ QUOTE ]
as to why he cherry picks statistics

[/ QUOTE ]
This is usually how arguments work...Two people disagree, they both posts stats that enforce their points, they both look at the other people's points, and then they sometimes change their opinions.

I do not think I'm guilty of this anymore than any other poster. And I can tell you with 100% confidence and honesty that I never intentionally try to use stats to win an argument when I realize that I'm ignoring other stats.

If anything, I think I've shown an extreme willingness to change my opinion when its been shown that I'm wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
or why he does things that are clearly designed to be obtuse and confusing for no apparent reason.

[/ QUOTE ]
I will admit that I can be confusing at times. No argument here.

[ QUOTE ]
but he's not a good poster so he can't do that.

[/ QUOTE ]
So because I'm confusing at times, that makes me a bad poster? Dude, take a look at my posts. Out of my 11K posts, I'd say that less than 400 of them had to do with onslaughts, the long MTT hand thread, this countdown, etc.

Please go look at my posting history. You'll see that I contribute a ton to these forums.

[ QUOTE ]
he can't understand why he's not allowed to post crap like an onslaught in OOT

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. I still don't understand it for reasons that I've gone over here time and time again. Is OOT not the forum for OTHER topics which don't fit in with the theme of any other forum? Do SOME people not enjoy them? Is it not true that they are not offensive or insulting to anyone? If you're honest with yourself, you would have answered "yes" to each of these 3 questions.

[ QUOTE ]
or why some people think he's a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't understand this. I'm certainly not the smartest person in the world, but I scored 1290 on the SAT with absolutely no preparation whatsoever, got over a 3.0 in college with serious minimal effort, majored in philosophy and minored in math, and I have played poker for a living for 3+ years. Like I said, I'm not the smartest guy in the world. But I really fail to see how a "moron" could accomplish all of that.

[ QUOTE ]
he's either being willfully trollish

[/ QUOTE ]
As I've already said, its the people making a big deal out of these things that are actually being the trolls. If you would just leave the onslaught threads alone to the people who want to participate then they would've been no big deal at all.

[ QUOTE ]
or he actually is a [censored] moron.

[/ QUOTE ]
See my thoughts on this above.

103,169.75 and counting