Thread: Gone Baby Gone
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Re: [b]Gone Baby Gone[/b]

***SPOILERS***

This movie ranks up there as the best movie of 2007 thus far for me

I've been WAY less active at the theater this year, which has been frustrating, but after watching almost every Oscar movie last year, I need to catch up on this season as I've missed many (like Micheal Clayton, In the Valley of Elah, The Assassination of Jesse James, etc)

But this may be my favorite movie of 2007, ranking up there with Waitress and The Bourne Ultimatum.

I'd like to reiterate what Dominic said about the emotion in this movie... it is so subtle and yet SOOOO strong. Something I was very enthralled by was the relationship between Affleck and Monoghan's characters

It just added to the whole question about life and the decisions that we make in it... even if we do the 'right' thing is it really right? He lost his girlfriend and gave the child back to a mother that didn't (or did she) really care about the child....

Man, as I write it I just analyze the movie more and love it for it's subtle power to incite raw emotion in me

Ben could NOT have shot this movie any better, the direction he gives every shot just feels right

Anyway, was really really impressed. Great reviews by y'all, would recommend everyone go catch this movie