View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Poll: Who is worse Yang or Gold?

[ QUOTE ]
Why all the hate for Yang?
What is the difference beyween "just one time" and "god give me a 4".I hear the former all the time and no one seems to complain. Very few of us think that will effect the cards but it may give the player the confidence to gamble.
Yang seemed to know (given his skill level vs the rest of the field) what he had to do to have any chance of winning and had the guts needed to take the risks neccessary to give him that chance. He seemed to know he needed to get lucky and gave himself the chance to get lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree with this post. Yang came to the FT, 8th in chips and knew he wouldn't be able to outplay most of these guys so he decided he was just going to push hard -- very hard. If you recognize your shortcomings and adjust accordingly -- even if it means some sick gambles -- good for you. He did that. So what if he prayed along the way. It did get to be a bit much but there are worse things one could do -- such as make gorilla sounds while two other people are in an all-in hand that you are not involved in.

If Yang tried to pass himself off as an uber-pro I could understand some of the rants but the continued ripping of him by these jealous wannabes is getting old fast.