View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Knowing your math. Basic draws.

[ QUOTE ]
Three somewhat common occurrences. I love making these quizzes and its been a little while since my last one. I'm going to sleep in a little bit so if this attracts any attention I'll post my thoughts. I'm sure when I have a date established with my book being published these types of (self congratulatory/promotionary) posts will increase in frequency. That said, feel free to argue with any play up to the decision but understand that the hand is played largely how I would've played it. Obviously I am not egotistical to assume that is the "only" way the hand can be played, or the optimal way, but just be content knowing that I play it that way. Since this is SSNL, we'll assume the game is NL200 6max.

#1. We're in the CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], we (200, unknown image) raise to 8 pf. BB (245, you have a few notes/stats but just a typical player with somewhat loose TAG stats) defends his blind. Flop (~17 minus rake) comes A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], checked to us, we bet 12, BB check raises to 32 total. We call. Turn (80) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] villain bets 40. What do we do?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you can't spot the nit in your first half hour at the table, then you are the nit.

Call for implied odds. If it turns out we're wrong and he won't pay off on the river, we're losing only $8 in EV by making this call.