View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 12:15 AM

Default Re: Just turned pro got a couple questions?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all that talk about ROI [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. ROI is Results, and if you care about results you will have a VERY miserable life as a Poker Professional.

Instead; focus on playing the hands the way you are supposed to play em. Sounds cliché but if you want to be a professional, I think this should be the way to approach the game.

Feel free to keep focusing on your ROI though, and go on tilt once your 35% ROI drops to ~10% (which it will)... I'll be happy to pickup the money you tilt off hehe.

You don't want to risk your career/mental wellbeing as a pro, so don't focus on ROI or results. This also implies not being too happy when you get a super hot run (like; ahh YES I made 15 buy-ins tonight, I'm gonna get drunk & laid because I deserve it!).

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems a little silly.

1) Lets say you arent focusing on results, just making good decisions. You know youre winning but you arent really keeping track of how much youre winning, cause that would be results. When do you move up? When do you move down? How do you practice any kind of bankroll management at all. How do you quantify your winrate in one game vs another?

2) You seem to be projecting tilt issues onto other people. In an earlier post the OP said that he doesnt have tilt issues and institutes stop losses. But here youve gone and decided that 1) At some point his ROI will take a massive dive (unlikely) and 2) That he will be thrown into massive tilt by this. (I also like the idea that his ROI will drop by 45% and THEN hell go on tilt and lose his money)

BTW, I always deserve to get drunk and laid.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW I dont even need to say anything I was thinking the same thing.