View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Re: tptk put to the test

[ QUOTE ]

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $7</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $25</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's my first question, why are we re-raising out of position with AQ offsuit? As played though, you took control of the hand, representing a high pair here. You have to be thinking about playing the flop strong.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: ($57) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on earth are you checking this flop? So often people go for the check-raise in the wrong situations. Just bet out and see what he does. Look at it this way, he may view it as a continuation bet and pay you off. If you get raised, then you can re-assess what you think villian has. As played, you have no information on him at all.

[ QUOTE ]

Turn: ($57) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $28</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $56</font>, Hero calls $28

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless he has pocket deuces, the turn didn't help him. This was a solid bet by you, but now you are in a tough spot because he's value-betting you with a min-raise. Now I don't know how creative villian is, how often he bluffs.. but there's a chance he has JJ if he's a solid player. If he's more loose, he could have AJ, KQ or even TT/99. What you do think he's putting you on?

[ QUOTE ]

River: ($169) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $169</font>, Hero ???

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point, I look at the large river bet and the set becomes less likely. It looks like he's trying to make you fold by betting the pot. You shouldn't have played it this way, because you put yourself in a tough spot for the river to be more difficult to read, but the more I think of it, if this guy isn't a tight-nit player and you notice he likes to "out-play" people, your Queen is probably good. It's either 99, TT, AJ or a set though. But the bet size just doesn't sell a set for me unless he's putting you on AA, KK.

I hope my thoughts helped, but this is tough.