View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 06:23 PM

Default 5/10 NL live not sure how to play trips OOP

Foxwoods 5/10, 10-handed.

I have played with villain for just one session in the past. He seems very solid and has a reputation as a very good player. He thinks of me as a good player who is capable of a lot of different moves.

Effective stacks are about 2000.

I am UTG+3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Preflop
A loose player who does unpredictable bad things raises to 30 UTG. He is called by a bad passive player who doesn't fold preflop. I call (does anyone ever consider folding here?). A fairly tight player calls, then villain calls in MP.

Flop (160): Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
The preflop raiser leads out for 60, and I raise to 225. Villain calls after acting a little weak and sort of looking at the preflop raiser to see if he will call. Preflop raiser folds. I'm not really sure if villain would call with a straight draw here, so I am a little worried that my hand may be no good.

Turn (670): 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I lead out for 400. I have no idea if this is the right move. I am ahead of QT and straight draws, but I am behind QJ, AQ, and JJ. Villain calls.

River (1470): T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check, and villain goes all in fairly quickly. It is 1400 for me to call. I'm pretty sure I have to fold here.

The crappy thing about this hand is that villain may be good enough to know that I could be bluffing sometimes and could fold trips sometimes, so he can just go ahead and take the pot away from me. I guess if he is good enough to put a move on me with this little history between us, I have to let him, right?