View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Odds & Connectors

Thanks folks! Really helped a lot!

Cameron: I already call Small Stakes Hold'em Winning Big With Expert Play my own. It's great. However, I do understand the concepts and calculations they do in the books, but I can not yet implement the most part of it in my game because it's too much. Preflop hand selection in limit poker is no problem anymore. What I lack still is a bit of post-flop play strategy in limit poker, and also a feel for the maths in no-limit. I'm constantly learning, though. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I read "Small Stakes..." and "No Limit Hold'em - Theory and Practice" twice and consult them now and again when special events took place where I was unsure of how to proceed.

Is there a third book that you would recommend? To make it a trilogy, so to speak...
Maybe one that covers the basics. I learned about pot odds, implied odds, drawing odds and the like mostly from the internet, so it might be wise to just have a scientific book that explains those basics in detail - ya know, just so that I can go over these concepts and make sure I got everything right. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Problem is, there are so many "For-the-Beginner" books out there...

Thanks again, guys. All help greatly appreciated. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]