View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Re: ***Official November Chat Thread: The Golden Duck***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I run my own business, so probably put in close to 60 hours a week. Also raise Weimaraners, which takes a chunk of time each day and I have a pregnant wife. So I don't have alot of free time for anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kcheel, what are pros/cons of Weimaraners? Know a little about them but not a lot. Have had Labrador Retrievers but have decided to forego the hair, smell, and skin issues next time. Can't beat a Lab's temperament though.

Hope your sister is doing okay, and congrats on the baby!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really any cons at all. They are great dogs. Hard to beat them IMO for a family dog. Like Labs, they also have a great temperament. Only con I guess is alot of people will get them and not know what they are getting into.

They are very high energy dogs and they need alot of attention and exercise. They are not dogs you can keep shut up all the time. If you keep them in the house and leave them for long periods of time, they sometimes feel neglected. And if they do, you will be sorry when you come home, as you may be missing half your furniture.

That is the reason you will see Weim shelters sometimes, as people get in over their head and get rid of them. Our male is 3 years old and our female just over 2 years old. Here are some pix of my babies. They are 2 1/2 weeks right now (about 10 days old in pix).

Thanks for asking about my sister. She is doing as well as could be expected in her situation. She went to Duke on Monday and they laid out her options. She is going to start chemo/radiation treatments on the 11th as it stands now.