View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Home Game Introduces Rake- I have Concerns

i remember going to a home game with a friend of a friend...2am, our game broke up, and dude asked if i wanted to go..

we get there, and 8 people are playing, seemed like a decent game. i sit down, first hand, i see KK. long story short, i won a large-ish pot when the turn brought me trips..

so as i'm collecting the chips, the guy whose house it was informed me of the 'house rake'. i kinda shrugged, right up until i see him taking a $5 chip out of the pot, and stacking it onto his stack...

wtf?

not wanting to be the new-guy [censored], but curious, i asked him about it. he said that he rakes every pot 10%, regardless of how big it is, and seeing how the rake was going to him anyway, he just puts it into his stack, 'nobody's ever had a problem before'.

pissed off the guy i came with something major, but i immediately asked to cash out.

bru-haha ensues. 10 people in a room arguing. regulars start to question host after i do. host offers not to put rake directly into his stack, but is still being an ass about it, saying, 'i'm gonna get it anyway, maybe this way it'll ensure i can't lose it back' etc, etc.

last thing i remember saying before leaving was something along the lines of, 'you know you guys can NEVER beat this game, right? and the only person that can possibly win long-term is him??'

2 weeks later, the kid i followed there told me that the game broke up 10 minutes after i left. seems that most of them haven't played long, and didn't realize how bad they had it.