View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Live HSNL strategy Part 1: Sunglasses

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
do eyes really give away that much? how so? are there "sick" body language readers that are just nasty live players? can someone who plays a ton of live poker break down how often they rely on physical tells or recount a time when someone pwned them with a physical read?

and post gangsta sunglasses pics

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to always wear sunnies but thought it was so gay indoors and then after playing live for years realized there were virtually no tells I got from someone's eyes, maybe sitting posture or changes to it, face changes, betting patterns, speech etc but each tell is based more on the moment versus a pattern and I know good live game players who often deliberately use reverse tell psychology to f..k with people

[/ QUOTE ]

This is like the countless interviews with pros who say that tells don't really exist at high levels, or whatever. Not sure if they're lying to hide what they know, or just ignorant, but statements like "I got virtually no tells from someone's eyes," just show that you don't know what to look for. I'm not sharing this stuff with the handful of players who could really use it against me next month, but there's a ton of information available on this topic, and it's relatively untapped even at high levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

at the highest levels, people are so attuned to their own body language/movements that they are able to manipulate other's easily. some players like phil ivey work so hard at doing absolutely nothing different on each hand (if you watch his eyes though he looks like he's on crack the way he looks at other players). other players like daniel negreanu are so hard to read b/c they give off so many reverse and double reverse tells and basically barrage you with chatter/silly movements that they are hard to read.

novice/intermediate players are often extremely easy to read live (note that i'm speaking specifically in terms of their body movement/eye movement/hand movement rather than their betting patterns).

ask JTL about live tells, the guy could write a book that would be as good or better than caro's.

dlpnyc21