View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Shreveport question

[ QUOTE ]
I make the hour and a half drive over to Shreveport about once a month on the weekend to play for one night. It is very difficult to find a reasonable room on a normal weekend, let alone a holiday weekend on short notice. Good luck. Trying booking through Harrah's. The will usually book overflow in the Holiday Inn on Old Minden Road. It is a short drive and often the have a shuttle. Wouldn't surprise me if all good rooms in the city were booked. FWIW, the Shoe spreads 20/40 LHE on a near daily basis. I think at times the game plays with "overs". In the last few months on weekends, I have seen a 30/60 limit mixed game and some other limit game higher than 30/60 running that I can recall the details of. They occasionally will have a PLO game running(either 1/2 or 2/5, I think). I have never seen anything NL above 2/5. 1/2 and 2/5 run daily.
ElDorado recently removed some of its tables and the room doesn't seem to have the as much action as it once did. You often will see a 1/2 PLO game running. When the right people have been in town, I have seen a big PLO game going(I think it was 25/50/100).
I usually play at the Shoe. If you get hungry while playing, I would recommend the chicken strip basket. Its about $8 and enough food for 2 people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good information, thanks!