View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 11:50 AM

Default Re: I did the math for you. Pokerstars Rakeback

[ QUOTE ]
Keep in mind though that those numbers can vary depending on a number of factors - items other than the Sunday Million buyin have different $/FPP rates (cash tops out at $0.015/FPP, electronics can vary significantly). Plus, those calculations only hold if you are playing high enough stakes that every hand that sees a flop has at least $40 in pot (ie, at least $10/$20) and I imagine very few bronze or silverstar players play at those levels. Furthermore, at 200NL and lower, the first FPP is awarded at $0.40 rake, so a table with an average pot of ~$12-15 might actually have a slightly higher effective rakeback.

Therefore, unless you actually are playing 10/20NL or higher and are spending your FPPs on buyins to the Sunday Mil, the numbers above won't be *exactly* the rakeback you get, but they should still be within 1-2% of the actual value.

[/ QUOTE ]

This entire post has mistakes as best I can tell.

At 10/20 you do not have every hand raked $2. Some will be raked $3 but you still get the same number of points.
You will also have some of your hands played with less than the table-max number of players.

Your point about 200NL appears to be backwards.
An NL hand that is higher than $8 still gets raked in nickel-increments.
So having a pot raked $15 means you are paying a higher MGR but to not get any more RB compared with an $8 pot.
Which means that on such hands you are actually getting a lower rakeback on the larger pots...which is the opposite of what you said.