Thread: Bans
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Bans

[ QUOTE ]
believe me, i have tried to explain rules to people over and over and over. it generally seems to make things worse - hell even half the mods here can't understand them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could this statement be part of the problem? My general opinion is that rules are for people that lack the ability to utilize common sense. If people are not understanding the rules maybe there is a problem with 'that specific rule' and not the posters.

I do not venture into oot very often and certainly am not pointing the finger there. I have not even read those rules in several months. I do understand that a few of the forums are much harder to moderate than others. I think most of us would agree that 'the younger targeted forums' are much harder to moderate.

I think permabans should last forever (or at least one year). I also think permabans with users having more than 100 posts should be suggested by mods and approved by reds. A permaban should be a 'ban on sight'. If a user is causing problems and deemed undesirable by reds they are not welcome back under a different name. JMHO

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]