View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 01:04 AM

Default Re: TV in the Lounge, Fall 07 Edition

Well, no big shock on DwtS tonight. Averil was pretty weak, but the Lord of the Dance guy was pretty awesome. Marc and Sabrina were great, although their dance was a little melodramatic for me. I'm still sad to see her go, but, man, I'm not sure if I could boot Helio or Mel in her favor given how they've been dancing. I'd like to boot Marie for Sabrina, but Marie is untouchable before the final w/ her fan base. There's no doubt that Sabrina was a great dancer, but I couldn't help but feel she was a bit of a ringer, having had bona fide performance dance experience. So did Mel, really, but by starting out at a lower level, I was more inclined to root for her due to her improvement. Heh. I just checked Wikipedia about this show, and apparently it's confirmed that Sabrina and Marc are dating.

I suppose my current favorite is Helio, but that could change with the freestyle. That's usually the dance that really sets the winner apart. I'm also excited to see which dance the judges pick for the dancers to dance. Is that new this season? I don't recall. Let's see. What would I pick for the dancers...

Mel: If I want to see her shine, I'd give her tango or samba, since she did paso yesterday. If I want to test her and see what she's made of, I'd give her waltz, and hopefully a very slow one. Her ballroom has been her weaker side, and if she's the real deal, she'll be able to wow us with something slow and elegant and not just energetic and dramatic.

Marie: If I want to see her shine, I'd give her foxtrot. Her ballroom has been better than her standard, and foxtrot gives her plenty of room for character. If I want to break her, I'd give her rumba or samba. She bombed her samba earlier, and rumba is just a tough dance for her in general.

Helio: If I want to see him shine, I'd give him samba. He was robbed with his earlier samba, and he should be able to bring it with another shot at it. If I want to give him a work out, I'd have him do rumba or maybe tango. He bombed his earlier rumba, and while the judges were hard on him, if he deserves to win, he should be able to come up with a winning rumba.