View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: How would you handle this typical situation?

most people hate threads where they have to write more than a word or two to respond or answer about multiple variations of a hand. I used to try it a lot and the number of responses fewer to a very specific hand with one exact action is stifling (did i spell that rite?), still try to sometimes, these threads are definitely more useful.

i would have said bet a but miles sold me on checking from now on,

b id usually ck

c id bet

d + e i sometimes bet usually ck fold depends on what it hink button peels, if total air i give up the small pot, if quasi reasonable i mite take a stab, is this a spot where i should always be doing one or the other? doesnt feel like it, I think these are spots where if u always do it it becomes -ev to do so as people catch on so u have to balance it a bit better.

f i ck fold

as for what I complete, vs a terrible button who peels almost any flop with ATC i just complete small pairs 55 and down and Axo duno if we should raise those more or less with that button description? tough to think of a solid player who will limp the button tho so its only these clowns we re usually against in this spot. I know inferno raises a wide range here. I just call some suited crap in a 1/2 maybe i shouldnt, 2/5 or 1/3 which im used to Im raising or folding alot it seems like not sure of my exact range to be honest which is perhaps worrisome. fwiw i dont mind calling KT i like raising KJ tho I know some just complete even that strong of a hand. Id just call JT probably raise it or QTs tho not sure whats best to be honest this is a spot I dont htink about enough probably, there is merit to keepin the pot small and not gaining initiative out of position vs a calling station with hands we wont want to showdown often.