View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 10:00 PM

Default Re: *** The Official New York Rangers 07/08 Stanly Cup Champs Thread *

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Use whatever cockamamie stats you want to use. I'll use the only one that matters -- the record. Or is your position that 11 wins out of 17 games is a fluke?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me you are leveling me, because if not...sigh. Do you really honestly think that a teams record over a small sample is an accurate representation of a team's ability?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a stupid conversation, because you fail reading comprehension. I did not say the Islanders were going to win the Cup. They are a decent team, maybe somewhat better than that. They have been better than I expected. Do they have holes? Yes. So does almost every other team in the league. Are they an 11-6 team over 80 games? Probably not. Are they a playoff contender? Absolutely. Yes, they started great last year, played badly middle, but finished strongly and snuck into the playoffs when it looked like they were done. They are well coached. Better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do I fail at reading comprehension? You said that the only thing that matters to look at when evaluating a team at this point in the season is their record. I pointed out that that is a ridiculous untrue statement. What is the problem?