View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 10:16 AM

Default Re: Tough Multiway flop OOP, some help?

How is this a tough flop? Ok sure you're a major dog against any AQ and minor dog against any KK (unlikely), JJ, or TT. But you're actually favored against an AK as long as the Ace isn't clubs. You're a big fave against any AJ or AT, and huge if the Ace isn't clubs. Obviously you have any smaller pair dominated.

As Exit suggested, I'm either check-raise shoving on this flop, or value betting into the preflop raiser with the intention of getting all my stuff in there on a raise.

There is a very good chance that your hand is the best here or has a chance to improve to the nuts.

Normally, I am going to bet out from here. The main reason is that I don't want everyone else to check because of the scary board and then have someone hit a miracle turn card.

Check-raising is an option, but personally I do not prefer to check-raise in a multi-way pot. I prefer to check-raise when the hand is head-up or no more than 3-way. The reason for this is that by the time two players have their chips in, then it may become worthwhile for a third or fourth player to call.

I'm okay with the pot being 4-way preflop, but I sure don't want it 4-way on the turn.