View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 02:02 AM

Default Re: I am no longer tipping the dealers at CAZ until.......(long)

[ QUOTE ]
I guess this kind of stuff does not bother me like it bothers you.

I understand what you are saying and there are many things that should be said.

I would not want to draw attention to myself, and as you know I'm very quiet, and as you said "too young to have any good stories."

There is only one dealer that I do not ever tip, and it is because the guy is the biggest ass hole on the planet.

I'm shocked to hear that you have said something to so many people and they don't do anything. But they might think that they have the ability to let these things slide being that they are the only card room in the state (that I know of) that spreads 20/40 and higher. They may think that if you're going to play then this is the only place, whether you like the rules (or the way they are inforced) or not.

Haven't had much time to play lately, hope to make it out more next month.

Oh and I think things like this only bother me if I'm in the hand. Probably a bad way to think of it though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez, did I actually tell you you were too young to have any good stories? Sorry about that. What was I thinking? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Anyway, I've been talking and complaining for years. At the same time I'd given up on trying to tell the other players what to do. First because it does no good. Second because it makes me the jerk. Third it makes me stand out and fourth because it's not supposed to be my job. If I was the guy w/ the full house in that last example or the BB in #2 who just happened to 'wake up' w/ Kings I'd be ticked-off and so should anybody else. It's not as if I'm asking for anything outlandish. I don't want to suck the fun out of the game and I don't want to make the game deadly serious. What I WOULD like is that some sort of order be maintained rather than the free-for-all that it's become. I might as well just start banging the table and jumping out of my seat if I would've floped good had I not folded along w/ the rest of them and see how THEY like it.

Lastly, management has tried to fix a couple of things:

Sometime back I came on here and posted CAZ's new IWTSTH rule. A player had to call a floor person to explain why he wanted to see a hand. I made a big, congratulatory post about it that I had to come back THE VERY NEXT DAY and recant because the new rule lasted just that long before management folded like a cheap suitcase to the player pressure.

About 6 months ago I was astounded to see (within a few minutes of sitting in) the dealers telling everybody to stop flashing thier cards before folding. All the dealers were doing it, apparently at managements direction. THAT lasted for 3 days.

The heck w/ them. Call me a nit, a putz, a jerk, I DON'T CARE! Sooner or later the dealers that I know very well are going to start asking me why I'm not tipping and they can take my answer back into the break room with them. A few of them I'll 'catch up to' at Christmas time but only a few.