[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bigger upset?

(1) App St over Mich
(2) Stanford over SC

*keep in mind Stanford started their backup QB and App St is a beast in D-2

[/ QUOTE ]

Stanford was 40- 41.5 pt dog, biggest upset ever, officially.

[/ QUOTE ]
Mike Wilbon is unimpressed, apparently:

[ QUOTE ]
Washington DC: Wilbon,

How sick do you get of people claiming what just happened is the biggest thing that ever happened? I say this after listening to people claiming that USC losing to Stanford was the biggest upset in college football history.

Are you kidding me? In 5 years time people will still remember Michigan losing to App. State. No one will remember SC losing to a conference opponent.

Michael Wilbon: Anybody who says Stanford beating USC, a conference opponent, is the biggest upset of all-time is moronic and should be shut off.

Biggest upset: I think part of the hyperbole around the Stanford win has to do with the gambling obsession. It seems like a big upset because the spread was so large, not taking into account that the spread is a psychological/economic concept (how do I get money on both sides of the betting), not any actual evaluation of the relative strengths of the teams.

Michael Wilbon: Thank you, thank you, thank you. People have zero idea how the point-spread is established and mis-use the concept all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hater.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahhaha....the sports media is so smart

hahahhahahahahha

those who can, bet on it
those who cannot, write editorials where they can never be wrong